Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mac and Cheese, Broccoli, Kabocha and Soyrizo Bento

With the cooler weather upon us, I'm thinking about warm foods. And that means more thermal bento. Today I made TinySprite's absolute favorite food of all time: mac and cheese. I used whole wheat elbow macaroni, with cheddar cheese, grated kabocha, ,minced broccoli, and crumbled soyrizo. Oh so good. There's a smiling mozzarella cloud there to greet her at lunchtime when she opens up her Thermos Hello Kitty thermal food jar. The side container holds the reds: sugar plum, tomatoes, and strawberries. Stay tuned next week for an exciting new product I'm reviewing, and a giveaway to boot!
Added to What's For Lunch.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love the happy little cloud :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the best mac & cheese I've ever seen! Can I ask what kabocha and soyrizo are? Love the sweet smiling cloud! Hopping over from #whatsforlunchwednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!
      Kabocha is a Japanese pumpkin with a mild nutty flavor. It looks green and bumpy on the outside; I hope you can try it!
      Soyrizo is fake chorizo, made of soy protein. But you can substitute actual chorizo if you like. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. How do you make all these little shapes out of foods?! Making a little cloud out of cheese is now something I need to accomplish. Love your little lunches. I don't have little ones, but I would totally do this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, it’s easy to cut shapes from cheese and vegetables using little cutters made for cookies or vegetables. You can find them in most kitchen or baking departments. You'll find it very easy and a lot of fun to do!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Can't wait to try it out.

      Delete