Monday, March 11, 2013

Mouse Gets The Cheese Curry LunchBots Bento

I usually pack the kids' favorite keema curry (see the Just One Cookbook method and recipe I use here) in a thermal food jar, but lately my daughter hasn't been finishing her meals in that container. Is she getting bored of the presentation? Let's try packing lunch in a different container, with a fun radish mousie and "swiss cheese" as a dining companion! Doesn't that make the bento more appealing? The LunchBots Clicks are leakproof, making them ideal for soupy, saucy kinds of foods. The lids are translucent, so you can see what's coming up for lunch too -- a little touch I like a lot. The matching side box, a bit shallower, holds pickled cucumbers and red onions, along with a variety of berries. Just the right size for my kindergartner. P.S. She gobbled it all up. ^__^

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful bento as always Sheri! I put lots of berries today in my son's bento too. It's nice to have berry season back...:) And thank you so much for using my Keema Curry recipe! I should put it in my bento too! No, your daughter will never be bored with your bento! My son quickly finishes his lunch because he wants to play. 30 mins is not enough for lunch and play time. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nami! We all LOVE this curry; it's so rich and full of flavor. My daughter is the same way. I wish they didn't put recess right after lunch.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sherimiya,
    Your bento lunch looks really appetizing. I have a hard time making wet foods look good in photos - what's your trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nobuko,
      I don't really have a trick. I just use natural light, and I find that the sunlight makes food look more appetizing. I hope that helps. Thank you!

      Delete