Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Salmon and Polenta Jack Bento

In today's LunchBot Trio I've packed some wild salmon marinated then broiled in a molasses, shoyu, garlic and ginger sauce. There are some diced roasted potatoes and quartered brussels sprouts in the next section, topped with a polenta jack-o-lantern. Polenta is excellent for carving, in case you were wondering. It's a perfect consistency and quite easy to cut. I recommend it. I made mine with grated white cheddar, but I bet if I had used yellow cheddar it would look more pumpkin-colored. The rest of the bento contains carrots, Okinawan sweet potato, grapes, strawberry and raspberries. Have I mentioned how much I love this three-sectioned box? It's so practical and handy for keeping separate flavors separate. It's hands-down one of my favorite bento boxes.

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of Polenta Jack! This is another cute Jack in your bento and many more coming right? Little A said this one looks like baby Jack hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lia -- I am planning for more jacks, but who knows if I run out of ideas pretty soon...
    Little A is so sweet; give him a hug for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like baby Jack with just one tooth! Hee ;)

    ReplyDelete