Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Panda Egg Snack Bento


Panda Egg Snack Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
This simple snack bento for TinySprite contains a hard-boiled egg panda made with nori facial details and quartered grape ears fastened with rice sticks. There are carrots beneath him, and a piece of broccoli. She has turkey dog/yellow tomato skewers, which I pan-fried for a few minutes before skewering (those were so good I ate a bunch out of the pan). In the fruit section she gets a half plum and some cherries. Still have a few more eggs left for a few more ideas before summer's over...

Oh, and there are still a few hours left to enter the LunchBots giveaway here. I'll draw from the eligible comments tonight!

This bento is posted at What's For Lunch. See more here!

10 comments:

  1. You are an eggy bento maestro!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Xelia; nah, not maestro, just love the panda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute panda! Panda is always my favourite! And the turkey dog/yellow tomato skewers look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the cutest panda charabens ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I made a panda too. A flat one from egg sheet!! Love yours 3D one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your panda always so cute ... I like this chubby panda! And the skewers too. Must be fun for TS to eat them that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a cute Panda! I wish my daughter would eat hard boiled eggs! The bento looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that the flat part of the egg for his muzzle? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum--those tomato/turkey dog skewers look so delish (and I love the skewers themselves...can I ask where they are from?) There can never be too many happy, cavorting pandas in one snack bento, yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. KidsDreamWork, panda is my favorite too! Thanks!

    Thanks Debra, so sweet :)

    Thanks anna2003! I like flat pandas too!

    Lia, you're right, she used the skewers on all the rest of the food too. :)Thanks!

    Lyndsey, really? She loves them, and they're so easy to have around and make up cute. I'm glad :) Thanks!

    Sonoma Bento, I forgot to mention that I tried to use the bear mold but my egg was too small and he ended up with no ears! So he kind of has a muzzle molded in. But not really :) Thanks!

    Thanks a lot bentobird! Always with a sweet comment. I agree about the panda party, which is why I guess I always put a bunch of them in there :)

    ReplyDelete